These types of fundraisers, hosted by a person or group to benefit a cause, are frequently referred to as ‘third-party’ fundraisers. A key component that distinguishes these events as third-party is that they are organized and held by an individual or group that assumes full fiduciary responsibility and provides all logistical support for the event. It is not a fundraiser that is planned by the non-profit for its own gain.
Recently, YWCA Clark County has benefited from several very public fundraisers. Our thanks to:
- Beaches Restaurant’s “Cashback for Kids Day” benefiting Y’s Care Children’s Program
- Salmon Creek Kiwanis held a concert with funds supporting three YWCA programs
- Vancouver Rotary’s annual Festival of Trees raises money that is given as grants to support local charities
- New Seasons and Soroptimist’s sold strawberry shortcake on Mother’s Day to support the SafeChoice domestic violence shelter
- The Clark County Bar Association designated proceeds from their annual Barrister’s Ball to support SafeChoice
Big or small, any activities you pursue to support the services provided by YWCA are greatly appreciated. To ensure the best possible outcome for your event, we have developed event guidelines and an event application to help keep your fundraiser aligned with our mission. Always contact us, or any non-profit for that matter, before beginning your fundraising efforts. Early communication will ensure a successful fundraiser.
The event application must be approved before you hold your event so please submit it as early as possible in the planning process. It takes approximately 5 business days for approval. It is vital that we collaborate in a consistent and coordinated fashion so that we can all help enrich the lives of people served by YWCA Clark County.
Resources YWCA Clark County can provide:
- Guidelines for third-party fundraising activities
- Printed materials about YWCA in general or about a specific program
- A YWCA representative to speak at your event (if appropriate)
- A Frequently Asked Questions tip sheet
- Professional event staff guidance
We are excited to partner with you. If you have a fundraiser idea, don’t wait… contact Event & Development Specialist Lisa Bechtold today at 360 906 9157 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in raising funds to benefit YWCA Clark County. We greatly appreciate your desire to support our mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.